The aim of the association is the preservation of the nature of Zakynthos, spreading the idea of the protection and preservation of natural and cultural heritage and the development of love and respect of the people and especially young people, towards the natural environment. The above objective will be achieved both with moral and material support and assistance towards the P. Helmi Natural History Museum (through events for soliciting sponsors / donors, ensuring the enrichment of collections) for the implementation of its goals, which is the promotion of the natural and cultural heritage of the island so that the association << P. Helmi Museum of Natural History’s Friends >> becomes the link between the Museum and the society, on the other hand by providing and propagating knowledge about the natural history on a local, national and global level and providing opportunities for awareness of the general public on issues such as the protection of the natural and cultural heritage and sustainable /viable management for the development of love and human respect for the natural environment.
The means for the fulfillment of the Association's objectives are:
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Promoting environmental education to people of all ages – mainly to young people-and organizing or participating in relevant training programs.
- The pursuit of expressions of interest from the Greek, European and other foreign bodies to protect the natural environment, the flora, the fauna, the ecosystems, habitats, and geotopes as well as the biodiversity of the Zakynthian nature.
- Attracting specialists as visitors not only from Greece but also from abroad (e.g. scientists, naturalists, birdwatchers and travelers) who are the best “ambassadors” of the island on an international level.
- The organization of each parallel to the aims of the Museum activity, such as research, publishing, education as well as the organization of various events with as central theme rescuing and disseminating the values of natural and cultural heritage, including tours, excursions, exhibitions, lectures, seminars, conferences.
- Communication and cooperation with similar organizations at local, Greek and international scale.
- Participation in research and development programs of any kind.
- Participation in institutions (local and otherwise) with similar objectives and their support by appropriate means.
- The promotion of local traditional production activities in the Zakynthian countryside and the respective products.
- Strengthening the multifaceted educational and research work of the Natural History Museum.
PRESIDENT: TRIANTAFYLLOS DENNIS
VICE: KAMPIOTIS SPYRIDON
CHIEF SECRETARY: KOUTSIS MARINOS
CASHIER: KEFALLINOS NIKOLAOS
STATE: SPATHAROS KON/NOS